Truck Honking


Hello, faithful blog followers!

We’re having GREAT time on our trip. I started out driving for the first day, and then by majority vote Phil was put in charge of driving for the remainder of the trip. James volunteered, but I said, “I would rather not risk our safety and the safety of the other passengers in the other cars on the road by asking you to both drive and make coffee for me at regular 20 minute intervals at the same time.” I think that pretty much convinced him, because he didn’t say anything to me for a while. He just sat in the back and muttered something about some paperwork that he had turned in to me. But let me tell you I have NEVER had so much coffee in my life! (Well, except for that time in Guatemala, but that was different) I’ve just had so much extra energy that I’ve really been able to do a lot on the trip, even after only three days! One of my favorite things to do is make trucks honk. It's as easy as 1, B, 3! This is the way you do it:


1. Stick your arm straight out in front of you, like you were going to punch somebody (but don’t actually punch anybody).



B. Bend your arm at the elbow, like you were going to shake your fist at somebody.



3. Pump your arm up and down, like you were trying to pull an imaginary rope out of the sky, but the rope is made of rubber and keeps pulling your arm back up into the sky.


And when you do this in your window when a truck is passing by, the trucker will either stare at you, wondering how old you are, or he will honk the horn.


Usually Phil wakes up and screams whenever this happens.


Unfortunately, we haven’t found Odyssey. But don’t worry, we have all summer, you know. Some people have been saying, “Well, what about your mom’s car? She’s going to be so mad!” (or something like that). Well, I left a note on the kitchen table and explained in detail that we were going on a trip to search for Odyssey. I think that once she hears about that she will be fine. She has a bicycle, anyway. Oh! And I almost forgot to mention, we’ve already begun to receive some Ceiling Fan Hijack entries. So I've been listening to all those as we ride down the road. It really helps to pass the time! (and it helps me sit still for a few seconds, too. Imagine that!)

Until next time I get wifi!

4 comments:

Original Joe said...

Ethan, did you draw those pictures yourself?

Ethan Daniels said...

I write a whole post about a ton of stuff, and you ask me "did you draw those pictures yourself?" OF COURSE I . . . had Intern James draw them for me. He's real good with stuff like that.

Heather C. said...

Wait...is Phil sleeping while driving?

Kmap said...

No, At the point the lashback was recorded Ethan was still driving. lol.

Post a Comment