Of Men and Twinkies

First of all, I want to set one thing straight: this blog is about me. Therefore, because this blog is about me (Ethan Daniels just in case you're wondering), not everything that I say is directly related to Odyssey. I know, I know. You would think that since I’m the biggest Odyssey fan that everything I do, say, eat, think, touch, feel (those last two are a little redundant), and hear has got to be Odyssey-related. I guess it is Odyssey related in some way, since everything I come in contact with is coming in contact with the WORLD’S #1 ODYSSEY FAN!!! But it’s not directly related.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way, we need to talk about something else other than Odyssey. Yes, folks. I, Ethan Daniels, the WORLD’S #1 ODYSSEY FAN!!!, am also a #1 fan of: TWINKIES! They are like little pockets of goodness filled with an oozing goodness paste. Not to mention the oozing goodness taste. “Simply scrumptious” is how James the intern would put it . . . but he talks weird like that sometimes. On an average day I consume one twinkie. But I rarely ever have an average day. On an abnormal day . . . 23?

I have yet to try a a deep-fried Twinkie. According to Wikipedia, a deep-fried Twinkie "involves freezing the cake, dipping it into batter, and deep frying it to create a variation on the traditional snack cake. The deep-fried Twinkie was influenced by the deep-fried Mars bar, a variation of said chocolate bar, which was invented in Stonehaven, Scotland." I believe a deep-fried Twinkie, coupled with a glass of milk and other Hostees snack products, would make a perfect afternoon snack.

And of course, Phil Jinkus wouldn't mind a deep-fried Twinkie since he's got so much more room for one than I do. The legendary Ethan Daniels is off to face a new challenge! Now where is my deep-fat fryer?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just out of mere curiosity, what exactly would you do if I were to say that I am the world's # 1 Odyssey fan not you?

Marvin D. said...

And, what if I told you that I was better than you? And that Twinkie idea is weird! But....*goes off to try it*

Ethan Daniels said...

I don't want to create a big flame war over all of this. If you would just accept that I am actually the #1 fan, then you would not have to worry about that question. If you were, however, to say that you were the world's #1 fan, I would have to point out the fact that I actually am the #1 fan . . . not you. And Nathan Hoobler, and Jacob Isom pretty much accept that fact! Not to mention every single poll that I have put up has shown me to be the true #1 Odyssey fan. So let's not get into any lengthy heart-breaking discussions over this. Let's just accept the fact and move on in life. Thanks for commenting!

Unknown said...

*sigh...I could argue, but there probably is no point. I could challenge you to a trivia duel on Campbell County message boards...but you probably wouldn't be interested. I could accept the fact that you are the biggest Odyssey fan...but I'm probably not interested. But thanks for answering my question. :)

Luke said...

Twinkies arent that good, if not gross.

Post a Comment